Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Writing a Blog that nobody will read

What could be any better? I can see myself spending weeks and months writing and updating my blog, yet no one will read it. Why is this okay? I feel like publishing my thoughts online gives others a chance to know me, to know what it's like to be a teenager. If you want to know, here's your opportunity.

I am a freshman at an American high school- let's call it Springfield high. All around me, every day, I am seeing the results of peer pressure, self image, hormones, almost every teenager-ism occurs in Springfield, and I have to wonder how the media got so many things wrong. As I walk the halls, I don't see people who are 'popular' and others who are not. I don't separate the losers and the preps, the nerds and the jocks. At our school, it's cool to be a nerd. For example, the girls varsity soccer captain - Madison - is also the editor of the school paper. One of the football team's wide receivers won the MESA competition a few years back. And marching band is full of successful athletes in track, soccer, and volleyball. Springfield is not your stereotypical high school, but a place for you to be who you want to be, to do what you want to do, and to wring the last bit of fun out of your childhood.

I'm going to try to log on and add to this blog everyday, but at least once a week. We'll see. I have a busy schedule, so it might be interesting. My goal is to get a few readers- even three would be ahMAZing, but I know I am not yet a fully developed author, so that may even be shooting to high.

Until next time,
Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Littleton, United States