Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The high road is hard to find....

Cause they know, and so do I
The high road is hard to find
A detour to your new life
Tell all of your friends goodbye....



What is the "High Road"? Today this question occurred to me many times as this song flitted through my head. Does it mean riches? Does it mean a life of excellent morals? High school may give this phrase different meaning than the rest of the world, so you older bodies may disagree;


The High Road, is for people who know how to be themselves. Sound shallow? It's actually a very hard thing to do at this age. I get up every morning and as I'm picking out my clothes, I automatically think "do people think I look stupid in this?" and every morning I catch myself and efface such thoughts. I'll wear what I like, thank you very much. I see people around me, who do not have this correctional mechanism; they like to shop where everyone else shops, and to wear what everyone else  does. They are not expressing their personality, but rather reflecting everyone's around them. That is the easy road to take, but the high road is hard to find....


So if you are on "the easy road," blending in with your friends and submitting to the peer pressure to be like everyone else, take the next exit and begin driving towards The High Road. Stop befriending those who want you to be normal; Tell all of your friends goodbye....


A detour to your new life is staring at you. Right here, right now. Are you on board? Can you find The High Road?


Song of the day: "The High Road" by Broken Bells

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Littleton, United States