Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Who will remember?

Just a moment ago, I was grueling through some biology homework, and my mind starts to wander a bit. I got to thinking about how my grandma was coming to town soon, then how my other grandma was deceased, and then I wondered who her grandma was. And who hers was. And hers. Then it hit me. I had no idea who my ancestors are past three generations. It was kind of sad. But what was worse, was when I reversed it. What if my great-great-grandchildren someday don't know who I was? What if everything I did today was someday forgotten? All this schoolwork, cleaning, exercising, eating, sleeping, all of that -- doesn't matter, because in 150 years, who will know? Who will care? If I could talk to them right now, I would want my great-great-great-etc.-grandparents to know that I care, and that I wish I knew. I hope that I can make a difference somewhere in this world, so that the future generations to come will know about me, and that everything I do now will matter in hundreds of years. It is a high privilege, and very few get the honor of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Littleton, United States